Southminster Presbyterian Church is called to be an open and affirming community, celebrating God’s love by seeking a caring and just society. There is a place for you here! As an active congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the Presbytery of Boise:
- We believe in the sovereignty of the Triune God, who we know as Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s Son, who proclaimed the good news of the gospel and offered himself as the means of salvation for the world.
- We believe that our knowledge of God and of God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible – particularly what is revealed through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that our salvation through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us, and not the result of our own accomplishments or works.
- We believe that all that we have and all that we are are gifts from God, and we respond with gratitude as we seek to live as Christ’s faithful disciples.
- We believe that the church is called in its ministries to “do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God.” (Micah 6:8)
- We believe in the “Priesthood of all Believers,” which means that all of us – clergy and laypeople alike – are called to share the Good News of God’s Love with the world.
- We believe that the church is called to be a welcoming, inclusive, and evolving community of faith, where we remain one body in Christ even as we celebrate human diversity as a gift from God. Therefore, all people are welcome in the life, membership, and leadership of our congregation regardless of race, gender, social status, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other distinctions that exist within our world.
The Call to Covenant Community
Southminster Presbyterian Church is a proud member of the Covenant Network of Presbyterians, and our pastor, Rev. TJ Remaley, serves on its board of directors. Confident in God’s hopeful future and grateful for the ever-widening welcome of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), the Covenant Network of Presbyterians seeks an equity still not fully realized for LGBTQIA+ people in church and society, by
- Engaging the church to invite all of God’s children into safe and welcoming congregational spaces of affirmation, healing, dignity and purpose;
- Educating the church to expand our welcome of LGBTQIA+ people, to affirm their gifts for ordained office, and to uphold marriage equality for all; and
- Equipping the church to bear witness to justice through advocacy and activism at the international, national and local church levels; speaking a prophetic word in anxious and divided times; and standing with others in fighting hate and oppression against any of God’s children.
The Covenant Network of Presbyterians calls the church to bear a unified witness to generous hospitality and faithful justice.